16 Feb NCSF Annual Membership and Board of Directors Meetings
News from. . .
The NVMA Centennial Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
By Dr. Bob Stout, Treasurer
NEWS FROM THE NCSF ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETINGS
The annual meetings were held in LaVista on January 25 and were conducted by President Dr. Jim Langley. After the board was seated, elections were held and officers elected.
- Dr. Jim Langley, President
- Dr. Al Doster, Vice-President
- Dr. Brittany Kovar, Secretary
- Dr. Bob Stout, Treasurer
Other directors include: Dr. Bill Ohlmann, Dr. Shari Sandoz, Sharon Bohmont, Dr. Lindsay Waechter-Mead, and Dr. Missy Girard-Lemons.
Applications for the final Boehringer-Ingelheim Scholarship (worth $ 5,000) are now being accepted. The recipient will be chosen from among those senior applicants who have a signed employment agreement to return to Nebraska to practice in a large or mixed animal rural setting.
Applications are also being accepted for Pre-Veterinary Scholarships and later this Spring for the Veterinary Technician Scholarships. Details are available under the Foundation tab of the NVMA (www.NVMA.org).
In other business:
- Spring Scholarships for Dr. Vergil and Lynn Heyer was funded @ $ 3,000
- Presidential Leadership Award funded @ $1,000
- 2023 Dr. Bob & BJ Essig Scholarship was awarded to Caetlyn Gyhra
- Veterinary student, Taylor Stander, was awarded a Landholm Acupuncture Scholarship of $ 4,500
- A NCSF Fellow certificate and pin were given to Dr. Joey Gaines for her establishment of the Gaines Family Scholarship Fund for Veterinary Technicians
A FUN fundraiser was conducted at the NVMA banquet resulting in over $ 900 contributed to the foundation.
A special thanks was given to those individuals who support the foundation’s goals by contributing $50 or more annually. If you are not currently a sustaining member but would like to be, simply mail your check of $ 50 to NCSF, Inc, PO Box 296, Alliance, NE 69301