Requirements for Eligibility, Application, Selection, and Allocation of Funds
NOTE: Scholarship applications and recommendation forms are due no later than October 15th.
Online form is below.
ELIGIBILITY: ANY APPLICANT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have completed two semesters of veterinary education and pursuing completion of the professional program.
- Graduate of a Nebraska High School or State of Nebraska approved Home School Program.
- The applying student must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- There are no restrictions or special favorable consideration as to race, marital status, sex, religious affiliation, physical limitations or otherwise.
- Completed online application form (the online form is below).
- Three completed online recommendation forms, from the following, must accompany the completed application:
- A non-related Nebraska Veterinarian for whom the applicant has worked.
- A non-related Faculty member or advisor at the Veterinary school the applicant is attending.
- A non-related personal reference.
SHARE THE LINK TO THIS PAGE WITH THOSE YOU ASK TO RECOMMEND YOU
- A written statement from the Dean of the veterinary school the applicant is attending, clearly indicating the student applicant's satisfactory academic standing, should accompany the completed application. Upload the Dean's statement
at the end of your online scholarship application.
- Such additional information that the applicant desires to submit to the NVMA Student Scholarship Committee to bring to their
attention any unusual circumstances or burdens faced by the applicant. Such information shall be in narrative form, directed to the Committee, and not more than one typewritten 8 ½ X 11 page, detailing the facts or circumstances to be considered.
- Completed applications are due no later than October 15th of each year.
METHOD OF SELECTION:
- Selection to be made by the NVMA Student Scholarship Committee with consideration given to financial need, academics, and
- Scholarship winners to be selected by the Scholarship Committee.
- Notification of winners will be sent out in November.
ALLOCATION OF FUNDS:
- Normally all scholarship grants to be given once a year.
- Each scholarship grant will be a minimum of $250.00.
- Scholarship grants will be based on available funds and the decision of the Committee.
- Scholarship money to be made payable to the University and student and sent directly to the University for distribution.
- Scholarship money is to be sent to the corresponding veterinary school in January.
NVMA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM